Tim Hortons® Smile Cookie Campaign is Back!
Get a Smile, Give a Smile and Make a Difference – Tim Hortons® Smile Cookie Campaign is Back!
The full $1 from every Smile Cookie sold supports The Georgian Triangle Humane Society (GTHS) and the Collingwood General & Marine Hospital Foundation (CGMHF) in Collingwood
What’s better than a cookie that tastes good? A cookie that does good! Tim Hortons Smile Cookie Campaign is back supporting charities in communities across the country, including The Georgian Triangle Humane Society and The Collingwood General & Marine Hospital Foundation in Collingwood – two of 550 Canadian charities, hospitals and community programs supported through the annual campaign.
For one week, from September 16 – 22, restaurant owners donate the full $1 from every freshly baked chocolate chunk Smile Cookie purchased to support charities in their community. Guests can complete a form to place pre-orders for Smile Cookies through their restaurant in Collingwood.
This year, Tim Hortons restaurants in Collingwood are supporting the Georgian Triangle Humane Society and the Collingwood General & Marine Hospital Foundation. The Sunnidale Corners restaurant will be supporting the Georgian Triangle Humane Society.
The Georgian Triangle Humane Society has no formal boundaries; it serves the area commonly known as the ‘Georgian Triangle’, which includes the communities of Wasaga Beach, Stayner, Creemore, Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Thornbury, Clarksburg, Meaford and the surrounding areas. At times we have provided assistance to animals beyond this region. Our mission is to deliver innovative programs and compassionate services that enhance the lives of pets in need and the people that care for them.
The Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH) Foundation is the only reliable source of funding for capital equipment, facility expansion/renovation and new technology and services for CGMH. Despite its small, aging facility, CGMH is a leader in infection control, rural teaching and orthopaedics thanks to community support.
“The Tim Hortons Smile Cookie Campaign is a wonderful fundraising initiative for the GTHS as it not only raises much needed funds for our Animal Centre, but it also allows us to get into the community and connect with the people that support us. The GTHS does not receive any government funding, and so initiatives such as this one are imperative to our operations. Keep an eye out for GTHS staff and volunteers at participating Tim Hortons during the Smile Cookie Campaign!”
- Anna Agresta, Fundraising Coordinator, Georgian Triangle Humane Society
“CGMHF is so grateful to have the support of Tim Hortons Smile Cookie Campaign again this year. This great initiative will support the Foundation’s $350,000 Food Services Campaign,” says Jory Pritchard-Kerr, CGMHF Executive Director. “We are focused on providing our patients with their choice of freshly cooked, nutritious meals as an important part of their recovery. The delicious Smile Cookie is a perfect fundraiser to support the equipment and computer systems needed to launch the new Flexflex patient food service in the late fall. We thank the Trude Family for their continued support of our work.”
-Jory Pritchard-Kerr, Executive Director, CGMH Foundation
“We’re excited to participate in the Smile Cookie campaign again this year. It’s such a pleasure to partner with The Georgian Triangle Humane Society and the Collingwood General & Marine Hospital Foundation, local charities that do such impactful work in Collingwood. Our team members craft each Smile Cookie with care and are proud to serve them to guests who come in throughout the week to support such a great cause.”
- Janet Trude, Tim Hortons Restaurant Owner, Collingwood
“The real magic behind the Smile Cookie campaign is the local impact and we’re excited to be able to support local charities, hospitals and community programs again this year. Our guests, restaurant owners and their team members can feel incredibly proud knowing that the money raised during the campaign directly supports local Tim Hortons communities.”
- Mike Hancock, Chief Operating Officer, Tim Hortons
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
• In 2018, the Smile Cookie campaign raised $7.8 million across Canada
• For over 23 years, we’ve been spreading smiles – the Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario
• The Smile Cookie campaign and has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants
• Nationally, Tim Hortons Restaurant owners support 550 local charities, hospitals and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
• Use the hashtag #SmileCookie
• Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons , @gthumanesociety
• Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons , @gthumanesociety & @cgmhf
• Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons ,Georgian Triangle Humane Society, & Collingwood General and Marine Hospital Foundation
• Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons @GTHumaneSociety, & @cgmhf
• Visit TimHortons.com/smilecookie for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign