Le Diner en Blanc South Georgian Bay Returns This Summer on Saturday, August 10, 2019!
Once again this year the elegant white wave of dinner guests will invade one of the most prestigious public locations in our region. Le Dîner en Blanc returns to South Georgian Bay, on Saturday, August 10, 2019. For its second edition, 1,000 revelers are awaited at a new and secret location. Last year the inaugural très chic picnic attracted more than 700 cultural enthusiasts for a memorable evening on historic Simcoe Street in Collingwood’s Heritage Downtown.
This annual secret affair, promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty and magic, as it takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is only revealed minutes prior to the commencement of the event.
“If you were at the event last year, you know to circle this date! The event which celebrates community, friendship, music, food, art, and ‘Joie De Vivre’ all with elegance and flair, was one of the best nights of last summer” says Lori D’Agostino, returning host of Le Dîner en Blanc – South Georgian Bay. “For this new edition, we have once again searched high and low to find a venue that will ‘wow’ and render this night unique and magical as well as have a bit more room to welcome more guests.”
Registration to participate in this unique experience happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members from the inaugural edition; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase 1 members; Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list. To be part of this unique experience, be sure to sign up now to take part in the 2019 event at southgeorgianbay.dinerenblanc.com/register.
Launched in Paris in 1988, the original essence of Le Dîner en Blanc remains: friendship, elegance and gallantry. Now, more than 130,000 revelers around the world give this international event an exciting platform for participants to exhibit their fashion sense, showcase their fine taste for design and elegance and share their gastronomic delights.
This year we are pleased to announce that we will be running a contest for Best Dressed and for Best Table Décor. The prize package for Best Table Décor includes an Aquapath Experience for two at Living Shore Spa, a round of Golf for two at Cranberry Golf Course with Carts and a one-year supply of supplements for two from Edica Naturals. The prize package for Best Dressed presented by Furbelows & Marion’s Hair Studio is a trip for two to attend Le Diner en Blanc in Paris, France in 2020!
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- As per Ontario liquor laws, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
Le Dîner en Blanc – South Georgian Bay gratefully acknowledges Engel & Volkers, Biion Footwear, Edica Naturals and MASI wine as official local partners of the 2019 edition of Le Dîner en Blanc.