mycollingwood.ca - you are here
mycollingwood.ca - make us your homepage
        
mycollingwood.ca - the place to be in Southern Georgian Bay

Wacky Boat Regatta (Posted On: Tuesday, August 05, 2014)

 Decrease font 

The Town of Wasaga Beach is delighted to announce a new community event coming this September. The inaugural Wacky Boat Regatta is an event that celebrates community spirit while also providing a day of family fun and charity fundraising. The Wacky Boat Regatta was created to help raise funds for not-for-profit organizations in the community as well as charities of the participant's choosing.  Of all of the pledges collected, 60 percent will go to support the Nancy Island Lion's Club and the remaining 40 percent will go to a charity of the racer's choice.

We are calling all individuals, families, businesses and organizations to register a team and get on board with this event! It's fun and it's easy to create a wacky boat simply use any re purposed / recycled materials but remember, no pre-fabricated boat kits or hulls are allowing! Wacky boats are powered by the racers by paddle or sail no motors are allowed! There are examples of wacky boats on our website for those who need a little inspiration!

In addition to the boat races, there will be free activities for spectators and teams to enjoy which include face painting, kid's fun zone, miniature wooden boat building workshop and much more! There will be a DJ providing entertainment, a pancake breakfast in the morning, a BBQ lunch in the afternoon and the Wasaga Beach Youth Centre will be on-site offering a variety of treats. A nominal fee will be charged for the general public for the pancake breakfast, BBQ and other food items at the event. At 3pm awards will be handed out.

Categories include 1st, 2nd, 3rd place as well as additional awards for Sink & Swim, The Wackiest, and Best Team Spirit. Mark your calendars register a team or come out and cheer on your favorite team! Get ready for a WACKY day on the water September 7th from 8am-4pm @ the Nancy Island Historic Site. To register a team or for further details, please check out the website follow us on or Facebook or go to our special events page

Share

©2017 SuiGeneris Marketing. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use  |  Privacy

mycollingwood.ca is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Please notify us of any changes.

Register
Community Photo Gallery
Visit Area Attractions
Double Dollars on mycollingwood.ca
Area Events