|On a recent trip to visit Rosemary at the Blue Mountain Gourmet in Heathcoat we learned how to make these tasty treats. Even the most novice of baker can enjoy sweet success by following these step-by-step instructions, complete with photos. This is an excellent recipe to use for those times when you have to whip up some home baking and you want to look like a hero.|
· Pastry dough or frozen tart shells
· Raspberry Jam – homemade is best
· ¼ lb melted butter
· ½ cup sugar
· 1 ½ cups coconut
· 3 eggs lightly beaten
· 1 ¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees. We started with approximately 20 large tart shells using Rosemary’s homemade pastry dough. If you are using frozen tart shells, take them out of the freezer and thaw them before starting.
· Spoon 2 tablespoons of Raspberry jam into the bottom of each tart shell. If you are using large frozen shells, use 1 ½ tablespoons of jam and if you are using mini frozen shells just shy of one tablespoon of jam should do the trick.
· Add sugar to melted butter and mix lightly, then add coconut and blend. Then add three lightly beaten eggs and mix until combined.
· Fill tart shells with coconut mixture and then pop into the oven and bake for approx 20 – 25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
Enjoy! Of course you can always pick some of these up at Blue Mountain Gourmet. They strive to bring you the very best quality products, made with the highest caliber of ingredients. They lovingly hand make each and every creation that goes out of the door, ensuring that you are getting the very best they have to offer.
Blue Mountain Gourmet was previously know as the Ravenna Bake Shop, and is still owned and operated by the same hardworking people that you have come to rely on. Currently their products can be purchased from many fine stores, and experienced in many fine restaurants. They sell their products individually to consumers, and commercially to resellers such as bakeries, stores and restaurants.
In addition to pies, tarts and homemade jams, you can find a variety of frozen entrees, perfect for the busy family. The Turkey Pot Pie is fantastic. They also offer Lasagna, Macaroni and Cheese, Sheppard’s Pie, Steak and Kidney Pie, Steak and Mushroom Pie and Tourtiere.
For more information about Blue Mountain Gourmet, please visit their website.
You can also give them a call to place your order today at 519.599.6573. Thanks for the fun day Rosemary…and we loved the Pumpkin Pie that you snuck into my bag.
Written by: Julie Card