Niagara Escarpment Organics is pleased to announce that we’ll be back in Downtown Collingwood selling organic produce beginning Monday November 13th. Every Monday from 12 until 5 (or whenever the produce runs out) we will be stationed on 2nd St. beside Café Chartreuse in our trusty white produce trailer.
The plan is for those that want to eat as much fresh organic food as possible to place orders ahead of time (i.e. before Saturday @5). This advanced ordering will make it possible to pass on some of the bulk discounts achieved by purchasing direct from farmers. For those that can’t make the deadline or that just want to purchase items piece by piece, some produce will be available at retail pricing – arrive early for best selection.
For those interested in the basket concept a couple of last remarks:
- You will be given your produce each week in a locally made wooden basket. If possible you are expected to return it each week in exchange for another one filled with food – if it gets lost in transit there will be a $3 charge.
- If you are not keen on what comes in the basket you are able to trade for other items (fruits or vegetables) to the extent that they are available. A point system based on relative cost will serve to make trades equitable.
- If you can’t make it on Mondays but are still keen on going organic, let us know and we’ll see if we can work something out.
We would also like to reiterate a couple of things for all:
- When compiling each weekly list we hope to support local organic farms whenever possible. Therefore, in addition to using our Chescott Farm carrots in the coming weeks, for example, we’ll also try and buy from other Niagara Escarpment farms as much as possible. In this regard, Pfennings Organic Vegetables was chosen to be our supplier specifically because they share our philosophy on local food and sustainable family farming.
- Ultimately we’re all eating organic because we care about our health and that of our environment. By buying in bulk through this alternative supply chain we can save packaging, save money and not compromise on food quality.
- Please feel free to work with us on this initiative. If you have ideas or special food interests don’t hesitate to share and if you have concerns please bring them to our attention right away. We aim to be one of those 100% satisfaction guaranteed type operations, but we’ll need your help to succeed.
Please remember to have your orders in by 5 o’clock Saturday (neo@NEOrganics.ca or 519.599.5136) and to come visit us Monday from 12-5 @ 2nd and Pine.
Organically yours – Ryan and Laura
Niagara Escarpment Organics
P.O. Box 469
ph/fx: 519.599.5136 www.NEOrganics.ca
"Think global, eat local."