mycollingwood.ca - you are here
mycollingwood.ca - make us your homepage
        
mycollingwood.ca - the place to be in Southern Georgian Bay

FILM FESTIVAL PUBLIC VIEW AND VOTE (Posted On: Monday, April 04, 2016)

 Decrease font 

The Wasaga Film Festival and the Town of Collingwood are proud to hold the first Public View and Vote Regional South Georgian Bay Youth Film and Video Makers Category for young filmmakers from across the South Georgian Bay Area. The event takes place at the Collingwood Simcoe Street Theatre located at 65 Simcoe Street, Collingwood, Ontario. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Admission is $5.00 at the door to support the Wasaga Film Festival.

The Regional SGB Public View & Vote Youth category event will feature local film producers sharing their experiences as part of the screening of the youth film and video makers entered in the Wasaga Film Festival competition. Winners of the competition will be selected based on an evaluation of appointed film judges by the film festival that will make up 65% of the overall score. Public View and Vote scores from the attending public will represent the remaining 35% of the overall score.

Awards will be presented at the Red Carpet Gala Awards scheduled Saturday, April 30th, 2016 at the Wasaga Beach RecPlex located at 1724 Mosley Street in Wasaga Beach. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. and admission is $25.00 per person. The Friends of the Festival tickets at $50 each, a Friends of the Festival ticket, is a pass allowing two people entry to every Public View & Vote scheduled during the month of April as well as an individual means to support the growth of the film festival. By being a Friends of the Festival you help the film festival by providing more entertainment and artists that can be enjoyed annually while attracting more visitors to our SGB area and making our community more viable to engage in outside grants and funding. Tickets are available at the Wasaga Beach Chamber of Commerce at 550 River Road West in Wasaga Beach.

First place winner of the Regional SGB Youth Film and Video Makers category will receive a post sound package from Mountain Goat Film Company valued at $500.00, this sound package can be used towards the Sound Design, Edit and 5.1 Surround Sound Mix of any short film up to 5 minutes in length along with $300 in cash, second place winner will be awarded $200, and the third place winner will be presented $100.

The Fifth Annual Wasaga Film Festival is expanding its screening dates spread over five weekends in April and culminating at the Red Carpet Awards Gala on April 30th. More information is available at www.wasagafilmfest.com

"We are absolutely tickled that the Town of Collingwood has joined forces with us to sponsor the youth film public view and vote event right in Collingwood," said Gary Cerantola, Chair of Wasaga Film Festival.

The Red Carpet Gala Awards ceremonies will feature all of the category award winners and provide a celebration to remember with our special guest, Canada's Greatest Rock 'n Roll Legend, Bobby Curtola, presented by Wasaga Beach Brewing Company a partner of the film festival. Bobby will be performing and presenting an award amongst other artists. Enjoy an evening of hors d'oeuvres, cash bar and entertainment. This is one event you won't want to miss.

The following is the Public View & Vote Events schedule for the month of April:

April 2nd, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. - Regional Documentary Category

Wasaga Public Library, 120 Glenwood Drive, Wasaga Beach

April 6th, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. - International Category

Waterside Retirement Lodge, 239 Zoo Park Road, Wasaga Beach

April 7th, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. - National Category

Waterside Retirement Lodge, 239 Zoo Park Road, Wasaga Beach

April 8th, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. - Regional Youth Film Category

Simcoe Street Theatre, 65 Simcoe Street, Collingwood

April 9th, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. - Regional Video Advertisement Category

Stars Arena Hall, 425 River Rd West, Wasaga Beach

April 16th, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. - Regional Action and Sportscam Categories

Wasaga Beach Paintball Adventure, 3600 Vigo Road, Elmvale

April 20th, 2016 at 6 p.m. - National Canadian Film Day

Waterside Retirement Lodge 239 Zoo Park Road, Wasaga Beach (Free Admission)

April 23rd , 2016 at 6:00 p.m. - Music Video Category

Wasaga Beach RecPlex, Oakview Room, 1724 Mosley Street, Wasaga Beach

April 30th, 2016 doors open at 6:00 p.m. gala at 7:00 p.m. - Red Carpet Gala Awards

Wasaga Beach RecPlex, Halls 1A & 1B, 1724 Mosley Street, Wasaga Beach


Share

©2017 SuiGeneris Marketing. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use  |  Privacy

mycollingwood.ca is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Please notify us of any changes.

Register
Community Photo Gallery
Visit Area Attractions
Double Dollars on mycollingwood.ca
Area Events