Bayshore Broadcasting Corp. is excited to join forces with the organizers of The Elmvale Water Festival for the first annual Elmvale Environmental show. The 3rd annual Elmvale Water Festival in 2009 was a huge success with over 2,000 in attendance. This year hopes to be even bigger with guest speakers, live music, trade show and public education all for the celebration of water!
Highlights of this year’s event will include:
• Keynote Speaker is Robert Sandford with his presentation “Restoring the Flow: Towards a New Canadian Water Ethic”.
• Bob is the EPCOR Chair of the Canadian Partnership Initiative in support of United Nations “Water for Life” Decade.
• He sits on the Advisory Committee for the prestigious Rosenburg International Forum on Water Policy plus many other climate conscious committees throughout Canada.
• Speaker James Gordon, co-founder of the Wellington Water Watchers, who have had a major impact on water stewardship, promoting tap water, monitoring the water activities of the Nestle Water Bottling plant, and initiating the “Message In The Bottle” campaign.
• 2010 film selection: WATERLIFE an exploration of the Great Lakes by Gemini Award winner Kevin McMahon
• Outside Music Stage featuring live music between the guest speakers and featuring local artists. (Lineup to be announced in July).
• Environmental tradeshow on the arena floor of the Elmvale Arena. There will be displays and booths from conservation, environment, and other agencies.
• A 100-Mile Diet Luncheon served at 12:30pm in the Springwater room of the Elmvale Arena. Space is limited to 150 people. Tickets are $36 and are available at 97.7 the Beach, 705-422-0970
• 1st Annual Simcoe County Environmental Award presentation during the 100 Mile Diet Luncheon.
• Children’s Water Education Centre will be located outside in the Elmvale Fairgrounds area with lots of hands-on activities for children.
• Farmer’s market
• Silent Auction
• 97.7 the Beach Party, with Daryl MacLean, fundraising dance in the Elmvale Arena hosted by the North Simcoe Jr. Farmers. Tickets are just $10 and are available at 97.7 the Beach, from any Jr Farmer and area businesses.
This is the 1st event in human history where one can drink for free all day: a truck with 13,500 litres of cold, pure spring water provides all of the necessary refreshment.
All in attendance are given a free, non-toxic, dishwasher safe, reusable water bottle (Enviroclear, made of polypropylene by Container Corp).
This is also a green event: electricity for the day is provided by Bullfrog Power, generated by solar and wind energy. Local food is served on biodegradable plates, with biodegradable cutlery.
Don’t miss this historic event, Saturday, August 21st, 2010 at the Fairgrounds in Elmvale, Ontario.